April 5, 2009

Spring!


What a difference a few hours makes. I worked the night shift, went for a snowy bike ride this morning then went to sleep. I woke this afternoon to SPRING, or at least what passes for spring here. I went for another short ride. It just feels great to be back to outdoor riding. The picture was taken with the nearby Chippewa River in the background. Not even a hint of snow was left on the ground. I also made it out to the gardens to continue preparing the raised beds and listen to the birds singing. A good day!

4 comments:

Bren Haas said...

The best thing about April snow is it never stays for long!
Happy Spring - Enjoy the bike riding weather.

tainterturtles said...

I'm glad you could get out on your bike today. We had about 4 inches of snow, with a stiff Northwest wind so I decided not to bike today.

Connie said...

I just went to my dashboard on blogger to check for new posts and saw your bicycle wheel photo and thought it was the post I had read earlier, and then I noticed....hey, no snow! Yippee. So glad you could enjoy the afternoon outdoors. I sure did.

donna said...

I'm lovin' this photo of the bicycle wheel and the river in the background. Very nice.

Thanks for visiting!